Things I’ve written that are available online.
Other than on my blog, of course!
- Guardian article as part of ME:CA: Mobile culture: innovating the audience experience, not the technology
- Expert panel for Guardian Cultural Professional Live Chat: Mobile in museums: the good, the bad and the future (and summary here)
- Designing Digital Experiences for Families: a paper for Museums and the Web 2016.
- Evaluating Experimental: A blog post for the Royal Institution on my work with them on how to reach a non “science-savvy” audience.
- EVA paper with Danny Birchall and Alex Butterworth on our geo-located mobile game: Creating Magic on Mobile.
- Museum ID article with Danny Birchall: Game Play: how to develop engaging games for a discerning audience
- A talk I gave on Creating Compelling Museum Games for We Are Museums 2016 in Bucharest (video).
- Games and science: an article for Speaking of Science
- Museum ID article with Danny Birchall about Axon: Game play 2: Gaming the brain
- Paper for Museums and the Web 2012 with others on games evaluations: Levelling Up: Towards Best Practice in Evaluating Museum Games
- Paper for Museums and the Web 2011 on games in museums with Danny Birchall: Gaming the Museum.
- Paper for EVA 2012 on Axon and games about the brain with Danny Birchall: The Brain as Game.
- Wellcome Trust blog post with Danny Birchall: Museums need to make more compelling games.
- Other articles about films I made for the Wellcome Trust are gathered here. Likewise articles on films and other things for the Wellcome Collection blog are gathered here.
Things written by other people.
- Wired on Axon and other Wellcome games work: Wellcome harnesses gaming to bring biomedical sciences to life
- An interview with Imperica magazine about Wellcome Collection and games: In Conversation With… Danny Birchall and Martha Henson
- A short video interview from Vision On TV after my Digital Shoreditch talk where I am pained by the concept of gamification: Learning through play – Martha Henson – DS12
Slides from talks I’ve given